Today's Website: A Critical Point of Contact
A well-written and error-free Web site is important in today's electronic marketplace, not only because it serves to showcase your products and services, but also because your company's site may often be the first and only point of contact with potential clients. Consequently, the quality and clarity of your Web site is critical and should be on par with your company's annual report and collateral marketing materials.
Considerable time and expense have no doubt been put into building your Web site. Why not add some final touches by having it proofread and edited from an objective and critical perspective? Whatever your communication needs, don't hesitate to call upon my services!
The Convenience of Reliable Outsourcing Services
I have been providing English-language communication services since 1997, including translation, copywriting, editing and proofreading for both the private and public sector in Quebec and Canada.
Among my clients are advertising and multimedia firms, communication and management consultants, film-funding agencies, hospitals, publishing houses, software developers, Web branding and marketing specialists, environmental groups and nonprofit organizations.
The Importance of the Written Word
Translation requires not only a solid grasp of the source and target languages, but also the use of adaptation or literal translation, depending on the specific context. For example, the French term "panneau d'affichage" may generally be translated as a "notice board" or "bulletin board." But when referring to an airport, the term then becomes "signboard." The poor translation of a keyword in a document can undermine a company's credibility and possibly harm its bottom line.
Good copywriting is the art of connecting with the target audience. Instead of empty catchphrases and clichés, I offer my clients fresh and friendly solutions. Whether you are writing copy for an advertisement, a brochure or a marketing campaign, let me help you say it right!
What's in a few mistakes? The difference between a poor first impression
and a good one!
Properly edited copy allows the client to focus on the message being imparted instead of on costly errors.
Proofreading a document involves a lot more than running a simple spelling and grammar check. Take for example this small Help Wanted ad
. Although it does not contain any spelling mistakes, no less than 6 words
are used incorrectly. The importance of context cannot be overemphasized when proofing copy.
A Versatile Portfolio
Over the years, I have tackled a variety of projects:
- Translating (from French to English) technical documents, training manuals and user guides
- Translating business agreements, employment contracts, financial statements, human resources material and letters of intent
- Copyediting an online education journal for an English-language resource network
- Translating marketing presentations and press releases for advertising and multimedia firms
- Translating and editing Web sites for various clients
- Writing promotion concept statements and copy for direct mail brochures
- Creating original text for a Web branding company
- Copywriting and editing a translation handbook for a Quebec publishing house
- Copywriting and translating special-events and promotional documents for a communications group and a film-funding agency
- Editing and proofreading policy manuals and educational material for a government translation bureau